Skip to content
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs and Smashed Potatoes Recipe
Cook Time: 8 Hours
Yield: 4 Servings
- Braised short ribs with potatoes that will have your guests asking for the recipe.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 lb beef short ribs
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 lb small red potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package Savory Pot Roast Mix
- Place onions in bottom of slow cooker and add short ribs.
- In a measuring cup, mix wine, ketchup and pot roast mix. Pour over meat.
- Add potatoes on top of meat.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove potatoes and place in large mixing bowl. Add butter and mash with potato masher or fork. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, remove excess fat from sauce by pouring into a fat separator or skimming from surface using large spoon.
- Serve ribs and sauce over mashed potatoes.