Cook Time: 8 Hours
Yield: 8 Servings
- A great Mexican dish all will enjoy.
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4-5 lb pork shoulder
- 1 jar Ortega® Salsa
- 8 Ortega® Soft Flour Tortillas
- 1 cup white onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 package BBQ Pulled Pork Mix
- Place onions in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine pulled pork mix with water and pour into slow cooker.
- Place pork shoulder in slow cooker. Add cumin and salsa.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Remove shoulder and place on cutting board. With two forks, shred meat and place in skillet.
- Remove excess fat from sauce by pouring into fat separator or skimming from surface using large spoon.
- Pour sauce over pulled meat and reheat, allowing sauce to reduce, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, place some pulled pork on a steamed flour tortilla and top with a tablespoon of diced onions and cilantro.