Cook Time: 8 Hours
Yield: 8 Servings
- Beef stew with hearty chunks of beef and vegetables with a warm home-cooked flavor.
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 cup Regina® Burgundy Cooking Wine
- 1 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 package Hearty Beef Stew Mix
- 2 lb chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Place meat and onions in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine beef stew mix and red wine, and pour over meat and onions.
- Add carrots, mushrooms and pearl onions.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- With a slotted spoon, remove meat and vegetables and set aside.
- Pour cooked sauce into a saucepan, reserving 1 cup in a small bowl.
- Add cornstarch to the reserved sauce and stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add this back to saucepan and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add meat and vegetables and stir to coat well. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle on parsley to garnish.